Why refer to us? We are a Neuro-Optometry and Vision Therapy Practice.
You will always get your patient back & any prescription write-up will go to you.
Make a Referral
Send us the patient name, phone number, reason for referral and a copy of the most recent comprehensive eye exam.
Want to refer an adult with a stroke or brain injury? Refer your patient to us first BEFORE prescribing anything.
We will prescribe for them specialized lenses, prisms, tints and occlusion to help patients with visual awareness and gait issues. These lens systems may make a very quick and radical positive change for the patient.
SEE BETTER, LIVE SMARTER
If you feel as though you’ve exhausted every avenue to help your patient, talk to us!
Let us help your patient maximize their visual skills and reach their full potential.
Does your patient…
- Complain of eye discomfort? Fail to get subjectively better over time even after various dry eye treatments? This could be a binocular problem.
- Struggles at reading, homework, and/or poor attention span? Skips words or lines with reading or confuses the letters b, d, p and q?
- Experience eyestrain or headaches with school work or computer use? Have trouble making eye contact?
- Have trouble catching or hitting a ball in sports? Recently suffered from a concussion and traumatic brain injury?
Vision therapy can help
- Children with Learning Issues
- Children & Adults with visual discomfort
- Children & Adults with Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Convergence Insufficiency (CI)
- Children & Adults with Strabismus (eye turn)
- Sports Performance
- Patients who have double vision, dizziness and even balance problems.
- Special needs – autism and developmental delays
- Brain injury, concussion & strokes
- Binocular vision problems
Doctors commonly refer patients to our practice for specialty care, including:
Children with reduced vision skills may work harder than their peers, yet be unable to achieve the results they seek. Their poor vision skills may also cause them to struggle to concentrate throughout the day.
Vision therapy is an evidence-based program to effectively strengthen the specific vision skills impacting your child and has been clinically proven to increase reading levels, enhance comprehension, maintain longer attention spans, and even improve sports performance.
Although eyeglasses and standard contact lenses can correct a person’s vision, they do not treat the underlying cause of myopia or slow its progression.
Myopia significantly increases the risk of developing sight-threatening eye diseases later in life, such as cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, and macular degeneration. The higher your child’s myopia, the greater the risk.
Neuro-optometric rehabilitation therapy is a customized treatment program for patients whose stroke, traumatic brain injury, concussion, neurological condition, or disease has resulted in visual deficits. It applies the latest methods and treatments of neuroplasticity and vision function to help patients develop or regain the essential visual skills necessary for learning and optimal daily function.